Saturday, May 20, 2023

Old Newfoundland Postcards x4 +1

I've collected a lot of Canadian 'railway-related' postcards and I think it would be good for someone else to get some enjoyment from them. I'm not using them as regularly in blog articles as I once thought I would. 

I've often found image searches to be helpful and interesting, so perhaps some of these cards will be of benefit in a random way once they get 'out in the wild'.

I'll work to group these postcards by theme and add in a map which includes the geographical area of the theme. As insurance against a given assortment being a total loss for visitors to the site, I'm planning to end each grouping with a totally unrelated card.

The story of a postcard's travel can be interesting, so I'm including the reverse side. Unfortunately, the stamps are often removed because a previous owner chose to 'monetize' them. Frequently, interesting historical details are lost when the stamps are removed.

If the card is relatively recent, I may delete some personal details in the address, etc. 

And the prices often appear in pencil on the cards ... so you know to pay LESS than I did if you find an identical specimen. 


*  *  *



*  *  *



*  *  *



*  *  *

from: Handy Reference Atlas of the World; JG Bartholomew; 1904; John Walker & Co.

*  *  *



from: Western Canada Atlas; 1927; WJ Gage & Co, Toronto.